Forward Lunge / Forearm-To-Instep
- Luc Engelen
- Posted on:
- August 2, 2014
- Single drill
- Number of players:
- Start from a standing position.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot.
- Place your left hand on the floor at shoulder width distance from your right foot, and balance your weight between your left hand and your right foot.
- Bend your right arm and move your right elbow to the floor between your left hand and your right foot.
- Put your right hand next to your right foot. Put your hand on the outside and not at the side where you just put your elbow.
- Push your hips upwards, extend both legs, and point your right foot upwards.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat these movements with your left foot and your right hand.
- Repeat these movements a number of times.
The person in the video pulls his knee towards his torso before taking a step. You can find more variations of this exercise on YouTube. The version described here is the one presented in the book Core Performance by Mark Verstegen.